Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wrap It Up

Shopping for gifts is sooo fun! I absolutely LOVE gift giving especially when I know that I got the perfect gift for that person. It doesn't take much to find that right gift for that special person. It usually only takes listening and observing. People usually talk about things they like or want. Keep your ears open and make a note in your phone if they say something specific.

Two weeks ago I attended my cousin's baby shower. A couple of us went in on the gift and got the High Chair on their registry. As you can imagine that box was not small (or light, for that matter). Most people wouldn't wrap it and at most would put it in a large bag. I definitely could not settle for that. I wanted to keep the surprise. I wanted the outside to reflect the care and time that we used to pick the gift. It took a roll of wrapping paper, scrap book paper and a little creativity. I am so glad that I wrapped it. And it got many positive reactions at the shower.

Don't be afraid to be creative with wrapping. Sometimes the littlest details make even the most practical gift a pleasure to receive. It doesn't take that much time to personalize a gift and it doesn't have to cost a lot. Just use the resources you already have. Have fun with it and enjoy the smiles when the person receives their gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment